Saturday, September 13, 2008

This is Why I am not a Political Pundit

After waiting and waiting for the call that it was my turn to run for public office, I gave up and took the kids downtown today. It was raining so the trip to the zoo was canceled and we settled for the Children's Museum. This was convenient because Mommy had to pick up her race packet for the Banco Half Marathon on Sunday. The kids were very good while Mom tried on a couple running skirts. Yes, running skirt. They are the in thing now and so I thought I would maybe give it a try, but it just didn't fit me as well as the models. Oh well. While cleaning the house this evening (yes, Mike is not the only one who cleans around here), I was thinking... that if I did get the call to run for office (VP, President, whatever) it would be so nice because I am sure they would use some of those campaign funds to get me a housekeeper and a nanny so I could be available for all those press interviews. These are the things I ponder at night. If I was Jimmy I would be thinking about cars, Dad cars, Danny sports, Jill the Cubs, Mike the Sox, you get the picture. I better get to real night time dreaming now, because I have a race in the morning. While you slugs are lying in bed I will be running 13 miles in the rain. - One more thing- the picture for this post, is the kids pretending to be Daddy reading the paper. Priceless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha you crack me up :-) I would totally vote for you for office